146.76/103.5 Troy & 147.18/100 Grafton
Welcome to our emergency communications section of the TARA web site. You'll quickly notice that most of this section will be devote to Rensselaer County ARES/RACES, that's by our design. Both of our organizations have worked hand-in-hand over the years and we hope this relationship will continue to grow. Many of TARA's members are joint members of ARES/RACES and they take great pride in serving their community. If you have any suggestions/comments about this section, we'd like to hear from you!
Meetings for ARES/RACES
RENSSELAER COUNTY RACES
2nd Assist. Radio Officer:
Ridge Macdonald, KB2HWL
Russ Greenman, WB2LXC
Scott Haller, K2CK
On April 26, 2000 it was decided to form the "NEW" Rensselaer County ARES/RACES Radio Club. Not only will this keep ARES & RACES under one "roof top" but it will help in the long run to keep stability for both groups. At their May meeting all the paperwork had been completed for the "Constitution & By Laws" for this new organization and by the end of June it was adopted by the membership. It was also determined that the December meeting each year would serve as the annual elections of officers. Officers serve for a 2 year term.
Simply CLICK The Link You Want To View...
• Weather Hazards Awareness Guide
• TARA Home Page
• Intellicast Weather Radar Screen
• ARES/RACES APPLICATION
• RACES Standard Operating Procedure
• RACES Net Form - January 2007
• Skywarn Training Manual
• ARES Manual
• Albany National Weather Service Skywarn Radio Operator's Manual
• SKYWARN Course Registration
• ENY SECTION EMERGENCY PLAN
• ARRL ENY Section ARES Page
• ARRL ENY Section ARES Online Registration
• Current Weather Conditions for Troy, New York
• The Disaster Center
• FEMA Online Courses
• NY Alert
Simply CLICK on the logos!
Simply CLICK The Radio Club You Want To View...
• Albany County ARES/RACES
• Saratoga County RACES
• Schenectady County RACES
• Columbia/Greene County ARES/RACES
• Putnam County ARES/RACES
Click to join RCRACES